Now that you have made up your mind to use online estate agents to sell your property, the next big question is which one?
Just like the high street estate agents, there are many online estate agents that offer different packages. If you do not know where to begin, here are some guidelines to help you work with online estate agents.
- Compare estate agents – It is paramount to draw a comparison between different online estate agents. While at it pay attention to the terms and the packages that they offer before deciding on the ideal online estate agent.
- Choose your package – Unlike high street agents online estate agents offer a greater choice in terms of the service. In most cases, you will have a lengthy list of optional extras from which you get to choose what you like.
Therefore, begin by determining what is important. While at it, think about who will conduct the viewings, handling cash flow issues and the use of latest tech in making the process simple.
- Expect essentials – Regardless of the agent that you will opt to work with, always ensure that you go for a package that includes photos, floor plans and a listing on the property portals.
- Be sure to understand the jargon – It is important that you understand what you are paying for. Therefore, ensure that you seek clarification on any jargon that you may not understand. You can make use of the web chat facilities offered by the online estate agents. You may also consider calling them if you can.
- Work out and add on the VAT – In most cases, estate agents both online and high street will not include VAT in the prices they quote. This is because it makes them appear cheaper. This should not trip you up instead ask the agent to give you a price that includes VAT. This way, you will have a full picture.
- Ask about contracts – Most online estate agents do not have contractual agreements. Thus, you can advertise through them until you are able to sell your property. Therefore, check of there is a contract and the time limits before signing up with them.
- Negotiate and save – Although online estate agents are generally cheaper compared to the high street estate agents, it does not mean you cannot negotiate and save even more. Take time to negotiate with your online estate agent. Remember, they do not want to lose your business thus you can be sure to reach an agreement.
It is important to ensure that you draw a comparison between different online estate agents so that you can make an informed decision. The right agent is the one that promises to deliver against all the criteria that you have set aside at the right price.
Online estate agents are as important as the high street estate agents. Even then, you need to ensure that you do a thorough background check taking into account all the factors that would affect the amount that you will receive at the end of the sale.